The Data Challenge:
Outside of government agencies and the manufacturing industry, few organizations are as frequently targeted for data security breaches than those within the technology industry. Nothing is more uniquely valuable to a technology organization than their trade secrets, and in few industries are those secrets harder to protect.
On multiple occasions, organizations in the technology industry have described to our team a “revolving door” of employees and contractors, coming and going to and from competitors with surprising frequency. In one notable recent case, an employee from a major chip designer left his position and took with him a couple key design documents. Within a week, those documents were with the competitor he had joined. The value of those key documents was placed at upwards of $200 million.
To complicate matters, many areas of the technology industry rely heavily on a contracted multi-national network of contractors who often work offsite. This modern practice not only opens the door for potential data theft of invaluable trade secrets, but the possibility of accidental compliance regulation breaches.
The challenge becomes how to protect your valuable data from a skilled and on-the-move workforce without inhibiting workflow, with the potential for both additional security and overall productivity.
The innerActiv Technology Solution:
innerActiv gives your organization the unique ability to monitor the activity and data movement taking place on any endpoint regardless of its location or its connectivity to the network. This option for complete mobility means that you are in complete control of both monitoring the security of your data network and receiving continuous intelligence on any questionable activity at all times. Once a set of protection policies are in place, monitoring and protection continues whether the endpoint is local, international, or disconnected. The movement and access of your most sensitive documents, as well as productivity metrics are always active to provide real time DLP. innerActiv can:
- Alert you when a document is accessed outside of the need-to-know and monitor how it is used
- Monitor the printing of sensitive documents regardless of whether the printer is on the company network or not
- Track movement of documents to removable media with the option to encrypt documents in motion
- Monitor emails and endpoint communications for competitor names or domains
- Provide detailed and highly accurate productivity statistics regarding web or application usage, even tying employee productivity to employee bill rate
- Monitor endpoints for blacklisted processes with the option to automatically terminate any unauthorized process
- Scan endpoints and file shares for insecure sensitive data or company IP that may have been duplicated, altered, or reformatted
By focusing on your network’s endpoint (both a design and philosophy unique to our solution) and maintaining the broadest possible spectrum of monitoring, innerActiv has your data security covered in the most comprehensive way available.
Let innerActiv’s innovative security features truly work for you, not only providing the comprehensive internal monitoring solutions to successfully locate preexisting compliance breaches, but also in educating you and your team how to properly move forward in averting such internal compliance issues in the future.